[Anonymous] Guild: Council of Elders: Give them all your cookies

edited March 2006 in WoW: Guilds

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Seriously though, we should team up and do something. Although I see this is the first post in a few months on this forum... anyone out there?

--
    Kenthulise - 60 priest
    Officer on the Council of Elders
  • edited December 1969
    We use this particular forum sparringly, for those rare WoW specific things.
    There is a main clan plaid board which is used for random chatter and such.

In anycase, You best bet is to in game message, Xetasi , to get info on teaming up.

~Vragak

Vragak - 60 Hunter / Senj 36 priest
  • edited December 1969
    Seriously though, we should team up and do something. Although I see this is the first post in a few months on this forum... anyone out there?

--
    Kenthulise - 60 priest
    Officer on the Council of Elders

Thanks for dropping by!

It would be our pleasure to team up with you guys in those 20-man dungeons and so forth. I know for a fact you're one of the best priests I've played with in the Battlegrounds, it should be a blast. :)

Excuse the tumbleweeds...
  • edited December 1969
    We usually schedule runs well in advance on our forums, especially if we're trying to do anything that requires more than 10 people. Would you guys be able/willing to sign up for a run on the CoE website?

Also, what sort of availability do you guys have? We don't quite have enough people in CoE to do this alone, so I'd need to schedule it at the best time for both guilds.

Thanks for the replies!
  • edited December 1969
    We usually schedule runs well in advance on our forums, especially if we're trying to do anything that requires more than 10 people. Would you guys be able/willing to sign up for a run on the CoE website?

Be happy to! Linkerate me!
    Also, what sort of availability do you guys have? We don't quite have enough people in CoE to do this alone, so I'd need to schedule it at the best time for both guilds.

Thanks for the replies!

Speaking for myself, if scheduled ahead of time I could probably make any evening 7-12pm Server time mon-thur, and perhaps even at 9ish on fridays.

Sunday afternoons/evenings would work well for me as well. I could also make saturday eves. starting 7pm

Basically, my schedule is flexible as long as I know when to arrive.

Not to speak for everyone, but you'll probably be able to pull a half-dozen of us at any given time. The problem will be to give them all the shove to actually sign up somewhere . . . alas, inertia is a pretty big obstacle around here. :)
  • edited December 1969
    Well, for starters, you're all (well... if you're level 56+) invited to our UBRS raid this Sunday evening (7pm server time).

If we don't get enough for UBRS, we'll just raid something else instead. But... I think we'll have enough.

I'll probably try to schedule a ZG run for the following Sunday. I just need to ask around a bit to see if that will work for everyone.
  • edited December 1969
    Thanks to those of you that came out to UBRS. Sorry there wasn't enough warrior loot to be shared amongst all 6 of the plate wearers!

I was hoping to do ZG next weekend, but it's not looking like there will be enough people around. So instead, I've scheduled a latish raid on Saturday night. We'll hit UBRS most likely. We'd really love to meet a few more of you guys, so please sign up on the Council of Elders website:

http://www.councilofelders-guild.org/viewtopic.php?p=4185

ps: we talk on TeamSpeak during our raids. This is purely optional, but is a lot of fun. Contact me in game if you're interested in setting up TS and need any help. Mac clients are available.
  • edited December 1969
    Council of Elders is aiming to do ZG on the weekend of April 7-9. We'll probably take a few stabs at it during those 3 days (it resets the morning of the 7th, so we have all 3 days to play!)

We probably don't have enough people to do this alone. And we probably don't have the best class distribution, even if we do manage to get 20 guildies interested. So... we will be looking outside the guild for help. And I know you guys are good at what you do, so if you're interested, let me know!

However, we will not be willing to bring people who we've never grouped with into ZG with us. So if you're interested in ZG, please try to join us on another raid before then. We have raids going almost every night. Check out our scheduling forum (http://www.councilofelders-guild.org/viewforum.php?f=13) and sign up if you like.

We will especially need DPS classes. And likely we'll be happy to have any help at all.
  • edited December 1969
    For example... an idea time to come raid with us would be this Thursday (3/30) at 7pm server time! I've put up a poll on our website, and we'll be hitting whichever 10-person raid instance gets the most votes.

Please signup and vote here: http://www.councilofelders-guild.org/viewtopic.php?t=742&highlight=
  • edited December 1969
    I just registered at the CoE website.

Thanks Kenthulise for the invite!
  • edited December 1969
    Council of Elders is trying to plan out a couple of ZG raids for this coming weekend (April 28-30). If you are level 60 and think you might be interested in joining us, please post your availability in this thread:

http://www.councilofelders-guild.org/viewtopic.php?t=928

We will set a firm date for the raids when we have an idea of which day(s) work best for people.

See you around!
  • edited December 1969
    Most people voted for Friday and Sunday evenings. So you can now sign up for the raids on CoE's scheduling forum:

Friday 4/28 at 9pm

Saturday 4/30 at 7pm
  • edited December 1969
    I'm hesitant to post this here, since you seem to be very involved with Blighted. But... since I, and everyone at CoE loves running with you guys so much, I'll give it a shot. :)

We've got a Zul'Gurub raid planned for this Saturday, at 3PM server time. Please note: we are a very casual raiding guild and don't expect to make it very far through the zone. We're mainly just doing it for fun. :) We also use a loot distribution point system detailed here. (We call it DKP, but it isn't really.) Those of you who have raided with CoE before can check your current points here.

If you are interested in joining us in Zul'Gurub on Saturday at 3PM, please sign up on the CoE forums:
    http://www.councilofelders-guild.org/viewtopic.php?t=1194
  • edited December 1969
    I used to be in the habit of checking the CoE page daily for stuff to do with you guys. Lately I don't check as much because the priest spots tend to be filled on the 5 mans, and because Teamspeak makes WoW crash on me. But I always enjoy running with you guys and do a "/who elders" whenever I need warm bodies to help with the pickup groups I start.

I'll try and figure out why TS hates me and hopefully be doing ZG with you guys this weekend.
  • edited December 1969
    I'm hesitant to post this here, since you seem to be very involved with Blighted. But... since I, and everyone at CoE loves running with you guys so much, I'll give it a shot. :)

awww we wub you guys too! Never hesitate!
    We've got a Zul'Gurub raid planned for this Saturday, at 3PM server time. Please note: we are a very casual raiding guild and don't expect to make it very far through the zone. We're mainly just doing it for fun. :) We also use a loot distribution point system detailed here. (We call it DKP, but it isn't really.) Those of you who have raided with CoE before can check your current points here.

If you are interested in joining us in Zul'Gurub on Saturday at 3PM, please sign up on the CoE forums:
    http://www.councilofelders-guild.org/viewtopic.php?t=1194

Not sure if I want to commit this saturday. But lookie there... I have pointz? Nice!

I still think you guys should have just used the Shroud system instead of rolling yer own... all your points seems harsh. I realize it's just a your-turn-in-line approach, but the problem is with random drops, one could go a long time before something even appropriate for your class drops. Being forced to spend all your "equity" and go right back to the back of the line doesn't seem quite as fair (to me) as spending half your points.

but eh, whatever. :)

--
    Ever the Shroud evangelist,
    Xetasi
  • edited December 1969
    We're probably going to start doing weekly ZG runs, so if any of you are interested, please keep an eye on our website.

There's currently one filling up fast for this Thursday evening, 10pm.
  • edited December 1969
    2 new ZG runs scheduled:

Thursday June 29, 9PM

and

Sunday July 2, 9PM

Please sign up if you're interested!

ps: if you'd prefer that I post this stuff somewhere else, let me know.
  • edited December 1969
    Another 2 ZG runs going this week:

Thursday, 9:30pm

and

Saturday, noon (same raid ID as Thursday, so will be starting with Mandokir)

-Ken
  • edited December 1969
    Ken,

thanks for keeping us up to date here. I've been sort of "away" from WoW for several weeks, but will be joining CoE for raids and such more frequently than "not at all" in the near future.

Thanks!