Ground Control 2

edited November 2003 in Gaming

Comments

• edited December 1969
    I was reading a Q&A on Ground Control 2 a lil earlier, and was sparked with more than a bit of interest. Sounds quite Myth-ish with a twist or two. Has anyone played the original and care to comment on it and what they're hoping for from its sequel? A hint on the possibility of it making a Mac appearance would be kinda nice as well. Yeah, Sierra, so it's unlikely(?), but we can always hope.

-Liam

Ground Control 2: Operation Exodus Interview
  • edited December 1969
    The original...

...was not good. I didn't play it a lot, but there were glaring balance issues and, other than longer range, not a lot of variation in the units or weapons IMHO. I guess it sold well enough to warrant a sequel, but try it before you buy it if you can.

Ramses II
  • edited December 1969
    Alas
    ...was not good. I didn't play it a lot, but there were glaring
    balance issues and, other than longer range, not a lot of
    variation in the units or weapons IMHO. I guess it sold well
    enough to warrant a sequel, but try it before you buy it if you
    can.
    Most games seem to sell well enough to warrant sequels these days. So do films. There are far 2 many sequels coming out far 2 often this year. Either that, or various studios are saying, "Hey, how about we play with the gamma in this title and reship it as [Insert title here] 2. It'll save us money, and kiddies' parents will buy it for them because, hey, they bought the first installation without a second thought."

No, I'm not cynical.

Oh, thanks for the heads up, Rams. :)

-Liam
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Alas

The one I'm waiting for is Rome: Total War. Okay, it's also got a turn-based strategic component so it's not 100% Myth-like, but man those real-time tactical battles look fantastic.

-Cauldyth

Rome: Total War
  • edited December 1969
    Shogun is a solid game
    The one I'm waiting for is Rome: Total War. Okay, it's also got
    a turn-based strategic component so it's not 100% Myth-like, but
    man those real-time tactical battles look fantastic.

-Cauldyth
    I haven't played the newer one or looked at Rome much, but Shogun, except for a few minor interface issues and inconsistent support, was an excellent game. The MP, however, suffered from a number of oddities that made it less fun than the solo game. Also Shogun didn't have the turn based aspect in MP, it was strictly battles. I hope they've worked those issues out.

Ramses II