Vanilla Coke SUCKS.

edited June 2002 in General Discussion

Comments

• edited December 1969
    It tastes like cream soda. Made with spoiled cream. Left to sit in an aluminum vat in the sun for a week.

Blech.
  • edited December 1969
    Actually

If ya ask me it just tastes like it has a few extra grams of sugar in it, just like cherry coke (Which I also like). Coke is merely a sugar and caffeine delivery method, not by any stretch a product for refined tastes. :-)

Ramses II
  • edited December 1969
    Diet Coke with Lemon______Rulz [nt]

• edited December 1969
    yea I didn't really like it

It wasn't too bad, just tasted like somewhat sweeter coke. I do like the lemon twist pepsi stuff. Haven't tried the coke with lemon stuff.
    -ysd
  • edited December 1969
    I agree [nt]

Bungie Sightings
  • edited December 1969
    Pepsi Twist: The only way to make Pepsi drinkable... [nt]

• edited December 1969
    Lemon Coke tastes like ass - Pepsi lemon is better.

Diet Coke tastes like selter water with a 2 second delay lemon type aftertaste. Diet Pepsi tastes better of the two. I am more of a Coke fan than Pepsi, but Coke let me down on this one.

Darklord

AnimationDL.gif
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Lemon Coke tastes like ass - Pepsi lemon is better.
    Diet Coke tastes like selter water with a 2 second delay lemon
    type aftertaste. Diet Pepsi tastes better of the two. I am more
    of a Coke fan than Pepsi, but Coke let me down on this one.

Darklord
    I agree! For once DL doesn't suck! I still prefer reg diet pepsi, but diet pepsi twist is a good change every so often to get out of the diet pepsi rut.

Conner

• edited December 1969
    Mmm

I really like Pepsi Twist myself... mmmmmmmm

--MH

questionmuffin.gif
  • edited December 1969
    Regular coke/pepsi and a bag of lemons r00lZ! [nt]

• edited December 1969
    Re: Lemon Coke tastes like ass - Pepsi lemon is better.

You guys actually put that artificial sweetener crap in your bodies? Voluntarily? Do you know what that does to you? Trust me, you may not want to...

-Cauldyth

• edited December 1969
    Tell me!
    You guys actually put that artificial sweetener crap in your
    bodies? Voluntarily? Do you know what that does to you? Trust
    me, you may not want to...
    Enquiring minds want to know! Especially since some of us don't drink diet pop 8)

--MH

questionmuffin.gif
  • edited December 1969
    No, although (vlt)

My wife uses 'Splenda.' ;-)

RII
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Vanilla Coke SUCKS.
    It tastes like cream soda. Made with spoiled cream. Left to sit
    in an aluminum vat in the sun for a week.

Blech.
    I like the stuff. I don't drink it every day, but it's a good change from Classic.

Stormtalon
  • edited December 1969
    Ok. I did a Blind taste test.....

I went out and bought a 2 liter bottle of "Diet Pepsi Twist" to compare with a fresh 2 liter bottle of "Diet Coke with Lemon".

I always drink my sodas from 2-liter containers. Never from aluminum cans.

I had the wife pour equal amounts into two chilled glasses with no ice. She marked down which was which.

I cleared my pallet with some bottled water and sipped the first glass. I said 'This is Pepsi.' I cleared my pallet and sipped the second glass. "This is the coke". She said I was right.

Now... the Pepsi had a very differnet taste than the Coke. It was actually nice. But, after going back and forth between the two... I felt more at home with the Coke. The Pepsi was 'brighter'... more like a non-diet cola might taste. Too bright (sweet) for me. The Coke is more subtle, and since I drink about 4 liters per day... I don't need 'bright' or 'sweet'. I will not knock Diet Pepsi Twist..it is a decent product, and, if I am ever in a "Pepsi Only Joint", I will order Diet Twist with no regrets.

However, my 'soda cellar' will remain stocked with only "Diet Coke" and "Diet Coke with Lemon" for the forseeable future.

And now... back to our regular programming......

DL SUX

N8

• edited December 1969
    Just so you know

I don't drink either of them regularly. My drink of choice is diet sprite. It doesn't have that syrupy taste, nor the caffeine.

Who's the suxboy now? You know it has to be Wang! He drinks milk and Pepsi - just like Laverne & Shirley did.

Darklord

AnimationDL.gif
  • edited December 1969
    yuck! milk and pepsi suck! [nt]

• edited December 1969
    you're making me sick
    I don't drink either of them regularly. My drink of choice is
    diet sprite. It doesn't have that syrupy taste, nor the
    caffeine.

Who's the suxboy now? You know it has to be Wang! He drinks milk
    and Pepsi - just like Laverne & Shirley did.

Darklord
    You can't POSSIBLY mean that Wang actually MIXES milk and pepsi and drinks IT!??!?!!
    :
    :: faints ::

Bungie Sightings
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Vanilla Coke SUCKS.

It's all about opinions. Me, I'm addicted to the stuff. As for the Pepsi Twist/Coke with Lemon, haven't tried it, don't want to, so I don't have a say on that - but it's Coke all the way for me, unless Pepsi is the only choice.

That's me.
  • edited December 1969
    In regards to Pepsi Twist
    It's all about opinions. Me, I'm addicted to the stuff. As for
    the Pepsi Twist/Coke with Lemon, haven't tried it, don't want
    to, so I don't have a say on that - but it's Coke all the way
    for me, unless Pepsi is the only choice.
    I am normally a much bigger fan of Coke than Pepsi, but Pepsi Twist is actually pretty good. I'm not saying to go and buy a 24 pack of the stuff, but Pepsi Twist is much better than normal Pepsi, particularly, imho, for a Coke drinker.

The crime, of course, is that I can't get 12 packs of Cherry Coke here, only Wild Cherry Pepsi. Cherry Coke is the highly superior product, but I can only get it in 6 packs for for the same price that I can get 12 cans of Wild Cherry Pepsi (and the Wild Cherry Pepsi often goes on sale for less). This includes a search through every food store, convenience store, and bulk warehouse I can find. A great sadness to me.

- Kodiak

• edited December 1969
    pepsi just plain out SUCKS

coke kick ass. anyone who chose's pepsie over coke sucks.
    by the way pepsi fans how much did they thoese people in the pepsi challange to chose pepsi??
  • edited December 1969
    Maybe you should put down the soda...
    coke kick ass. anyone who chose's pepsie over coke sucks.
    by the way pepsi fans how much did they thoese people in the
    pepsi challange to chose pepsi??
    ...because you seem to be too wired to make a decent sentence.

I drink diet sprite because:
    1) cola drinks stain your teeth - really bad.
    2) 7-up has too much carbonation compared to sprite.
    3) water has no flavor.

Darklord

Launch all zig!!!!
    AnimationDL.gif
  • edited December 1969
    pepsi sucks
    PEPSI DOES NOT SUCK. COKE GIVES YOU A NASTY AFTER TASTE,WHICH ISN'T GOOD BREATH.SO I THINK YOU SAVE LESS WITH PEPSI BEACAUSE YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY ANY TIC-TAC'S OR ALTOIDS.COKE SUCKS,IT REALLY,REALLY SUCKS LIKE ASS!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 1969
    wow - this has been going on for 3 months now

and still we're no closer to the truth!!!!

Darklord

Launch all zig!!!!
    AnimationDL.gif
  • edited December 1969
    Here's the truth...

My 16-month-old daughter yells "Ball!" every time she sees the Pepsi logo. I will let you know in a decade or so whether this means she will be a Pepsi drinker.
  • edited December 1969
    [b]You say tomato...[/b]

http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/internet/09/12/pop.vs.soda.ap/index.html

"September 12, 2002 Posted: 4:00 AM EDT (0800 GMT)

JACKSON, Mississippi (AP) -- In the South it's called Coke, even when it's Pepsi. Many in Boston say tonic. A precious few even order a fizzy drink..."

_/ C

• edited December 1969
    As a native New Orleanian...

It's a "soft drink". As opposed to a "hard drink", that contains alchohol. All "pops", "sodas", whatever are soft drinks.

The funniest thing I every heard was in line at a food service counter in Pittsburg (failed attempt at Carneigie-Mellon), where two guys were arguing over whether it's "soda" or "pop".

Of course, my wife calls it "pop", so I'm being converted... ;)

Ratbert #CP#Z
  • edited December 1969
    Gah... as a native New Orleanian... you can't spell?
    The funniest thing I every heard was in line at a food service
    counter in Pittsburg (failed attempt at Carneigie-Mellon), where
    two guys were arguing over whether it's "soda" or
    "pop".
    Yes, that's Pittsburgh with an H, and Carnegie-Mellon with but one I.

Course, I have more to add then being a prick. It was a fairly common conversation topic at Penn State, which is mid-PA, as for whether you say soda or pop. Yinzers such as myself(pittsburghers, west side of PA) were 'pop' people, and our worse half from the east side of the state(and philly) said 'soda'. Pretty silly but I can recall the soda/pop arguement taking place many times.
    -ysd

• edited December 1969
    Re: Gah... as a native New Orleanian... you can't spell?

Ummm... New Orleans is in Louisiana, which has historically battled Alabama and Mississippi for 50th ranked educational systems. California seems to have cheated with Prop 13... ;^)

Gimmie a break, the most useful things about Pittsburgh and Carnegie-Mellon were (in order of importance):

1: Losing my virginity
    2: Seeing my first real snow
    3: SCA (only really listed because of its connection with #1)
    :
    :^)

Ratbert #CP#Z
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Gah... as a native New Orleanian... you can't spell?
    3: SCA (only really listed because of its connection with #1)
    Just to clarify... Society for Creative Anachronism?

Going to college in Pittsburgh to have sweaty medieval snow nookie... I suppose that's a good enough reason.

-Eye