Eye augmentations FTW

edited September 2009 in General Discussion
This is pretty awesome. Microchip in the Eye Seeks to Restore Vision

It'll be even more awesome in a few decades when the tech's improved beyond the just enough sight™ stage of development.

Still, very impressive. I'd love to see an approximate image and comparison of what the "user" sees using these do-whackies.

Comments

• That's fine for us, but Down Under? What good is restored vision if all you can see is dust?
  • You ever watch The City of Lost Children?
  • Heh, Mori, those photos made it beyond our borders? Oh yeah, _World Wide_ Web. ;)
    We only had early 90s 3D game class field of vision for a couple of hours. Unusual, but meh. Would have been more fun if it started raining mud.

This one Patro? La cit
  • Just put a hold at the Vancouver Public Library for The City of Lost Children. Position in queue? 5th. Only one copy. Hopefully I get it soon. :)
  • Heh, surprise surprise, it's not on the Australian iTS (probably any, for that matter). Let me know how it is Moofin and I'll try to track it down in the land of red dust. Emphasis on try there.

Hmm, maybe the uni library.
  • Log into Hotline and we can arrange perhaps a more immediate accommodation... :>
  • Yep, that's the movie. Lots of incredible imagery in that one.

I don't think I can explain it without spoilers, but there are definitely scenes relevant to the bionic eye discussion in this thread.
  • 5th in queue correlates with immediate? :)

I'll see if I can find time in my Busy Schedule (oh, I like the relevance of that acronym here) to hop on HL tomorrow. I wonder if they have it at Kinokuniya (I'll have to go and search, their site is icky) or Borders (not if the database their site uses is the same as their catalogue) though...