Online Board Games

Howdy!

While we're all doing our best to stay at home, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in playing some board games online. This is more about just hanging out than playing anything too serious.

Steam has built in voice that works pretty good - and has a number of board games. I have Ascension, Carcassonne, Gloom, Love Letter, Pandemic, Scythe, Terraforming Mars, Ticket To Ride First Journey, and Twilight Struggle. I also have Tabletopia, but not sure what's playable on there. There is of course a zillion other board games available online as well not on Steam. I would be willing to pick up others as well.

Thoughts? For me, Wednesday evening could be a good night to do this (possibly Sunday evening as well). I am pacific time zone - and would be available 6:30pm-ish and later.

Todd (ConnerCP on Steam)

Comments

• So Mukow and I played Wingspan on Tabletop Simulator on Steam. A few notes about this...

1) It doesn't know the rules, so you need to know the rules. It will shuffle cards, roll dice, etc - but you have to drag and drop cards and such and it does take a little bit of playing around to get used to it. By the end of 1 game, I felt I was getting the hang of it, but there was a few mis-clicks along the way. While Tabletop Simulator would work fine for a simplier game, something with complex rules (Terraforming Mars or Scythe) I would probably want to play a standalone version (on Steam or otherwise) that knows the rules.

2) While everyone needs Tabletop Simulator, only one person playing needs to have bought the game you're playing. Mukow owns Wingspan, I plan on buying 'The Captain Is Dead' - no need for everyone to buy every game available (:

3) Currently there is a sale on 4pks of Tabletop Simulator - $30 for 4...

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/tabletop-simulator-4-pack

It was sold out for a bit, but is now back in stock - buddy up and save some loot.

• So - the Virtual Gathering thing went pretty well - hooray to everyone who showed up!

Going forward, would anyone be interested in regularly scheduled board gaming? Weekly? Monthly? Toss out some ideas!