WoW 2.1.0-2.1.1 FPS Issues.

edited September 2007 in WoW: General

Comments

• edited December 1969
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=108244826&sid=1&pageNo=123

Hey guys I've been dealing with this for awhile now. I'm one of the many, many, MANY people
    who ever since 2.1 has had nothing but problem after problem with WoW. It's got so bad I had
    to actually freeze my account. Low FPS, 5-10 in low populated areas, sound glitches, random
    crashes (not as common though as the FPS) And with all my settings on low, and that still not
    really affecting my over all I'm at a loss.

I claim it to be the patch due to the fact that I've been playing WoW for 2 years now and my
    old setup ran the game just fine. I since then have upped my memory to almost 2 gigs, I got
    a new video card, not the best but better then my old ATI 9250 (ATI X1300 now) I try to upgrade
    as much as possible but with a kid and another on the way it's a bit hard.

To go from 30-40fps down to 10 and under is pretty sad and the only changes to my system
    were upgrades which helped me after I installed them. Anyone got any solutions cause I'm
    really getting the itch to play again. Thanks.
  • edited December 1969
    I was having the same problems. Every patch made the game slower and slower for me.

I wound up buying a new computer (Core2 Duo) in the beginning of this year, and now I have no problems.

I am even able to now run several other programs in the background while running WoW without problems (and often do).

I hate to say it, but you may want to put a new computer on your Xmas list. Things will only get worse as time (and patches) goes on.
  • edited December 1969
    As much as I love WoW, I don't love it enough to buy a new puter. That's one of the heated
    debates on this thread on the actual forums. But WoW isn't worth almost a grand, especially
    when you have a kid on the way in November. I'm just going to have to live through you guys.