BYOB

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Got a friend who's thinking about upgrading his PeeCee box sometime soon (he hasn't yet seen the light... :P). What are your favoriate places to shop at the component level? He's got a Gateway right now and will need a new motherboard + CPU and perhaps a new box and memory if what he has won't work.

Thanks...

charon.gif
  • edited December 1969
    Re: BYOB

A lot of guys use Alienate's guy, Ming, in CA. He ships anywhere and several members of CP have bought from him and I don't think there have been any complaints. Alas, Alienate is at the Burning Man Festival and can't be reached until after Labor Day. If you have the time, I'd recommend running it by him before you buy.

Darklord

Launch all zig!!!!
    AnimationDL.gif
  • axxaxx
    edited December 1969

Considering how cheap PCs are these days, it might not be a bad idea to just buy/build a new machine.

-ax
  • edited December 1969

I buy most of my stuff at newegg.com. Their prices aren't the lowest, but they're close, and they have a very good reputation. They've always done right by me at any rate.

I usually see what the lowest price is on pricewatch.com, and if newegg is pretty close I order from them. However, if the lowest guy is significantly lower, and doesn't look too disreputable, I'll take a chance.

I very rarely buy any components at brick and mortar stores unless I need something right now, today. More often than not their sale prices come out to about what the online shops charge normaly, and there is usually a rebate process involved.

-Mori

• edited December 1969

gonna agree w/ Mori here and say newegg. great place.