It lives!

edited March 2008 in General Discussion

OK, I'm now in the frosty midwest with no freakin' job... My kids are great, Connor just turned 5 today! He's been wanting bubblegum for two years now, and we told him then that he has to be five to get gum. He never forgot! Carrie just turned two, and already has perfected the art of ignoring Daddy (unless she needs something) and scowling like a member of the Ladies Auxilliary at a frat party. Ladybert is also doing well. She's got a gig as an elementary counsellor, but wants to get into high school ASAP. The littles seem to need more nose wipes than big life-changing support. Plus they have shorter attention spans than I do. :)

Anyway, the real reason I re-registered here is that I am out of work. I've been on the prowl for a couple of weeks, but no nibbles (well, I did just have a phone interview with Wells Fargo in Tempe, AZ and I expect they may offer me the position). I want to stay here, as we've decided it would be bad to move until next summer, but the pickings here seem slim (at least if we want to keep the big house and spiffy mini-van). So, I'm expanding my search to include drivable locations (if I do contract work, it'd be nice to drive home for the occasional weekend). Anyone know of a phenomenally high-paying job with no appreciable effort or expectations? ;) Seriously, I'd love to hear from anyone who may know of a job for me. I am an Idnetity Management architect, with skills for Unix admin (Solaris and Linux are my forte) and web development (be quiet, BC!). Specifically, I am an expert in CA's Siteminder product (formerly from Netegrity).

Anyway, good to be back! Someone give me the 411 on chats; are we still doing the Hotline thing, or is there a new toy for this aging 'Zerk?

For FUN and HONOR!
Ratbert #CP#Z

Comments

• GL with your job hunt. If you ever find yourself out east my wife is always bitching that the place she works needs a decent Unix admin. ;)
  • hotline.clanplaid.net is still the place to be for up-to-the-minute skewering of the latest news headlines, celeb bashing, game talk, and tech blather.

Good luck on the hunt!
  • Ratbert, have you checked with GoDaddy in CDR? Marius currently works there, if that is not of interest or they are not in need of anyone like you, I may have some other contacts, depending on what you're looking for. It might not be exactly what you're looking for, but it would be in the area ...
  • GoDaddy, eh? I'll have to look into that. And I'd love to get any local or pseudo-local leads! Any help would be greatly appreciated!