Trading Post

edited July 2006 in General Discussion

Comments

• edited December 1969
    I'm not much of a fan of the new site (For reference I'm typing this in what appears to be a 5 point font) so I'm not sure if we have a Trading Post or not, but a friend of a friend has this floating out there:

"Our neighbors who helped us when Maxwell was sick (the ones across the street, not the bad ones next door) got snookered by a local computer store recently, so have a brand new expensive (!) Mac that they're looking to sell. I told them I'd ask if you knew anyone who might want it. Basically (if I understand correctly), there was a mix-up on the order and Rick & Debbie (our neighbors) told them not to order it, but they still did. So, when Rick and Debbie disputed it with their credit card company, the store fought back and won. Nice customer service, huh?

Here are the details:

1 - PowerMac G5 2.5 GH $3,759.00
    Quad/512MB/250G/16xSD/PCI-X/GeF6600/WL-KB & Mouse

4 - DDR 4200 533MHz SO-DIMM 1GB $179 each = $716

1 - Lacie 250 GB USB 2.0, FW400, FW800 Extreme D2 $219.00

1 - AppleCare Enrollment Kit for PowerMac (w/ or w/o display) $249.00

1 - JBL Creature II 3PC Powered Speakers - Red

Total: $4,943.99

Debbie said that Rick said he'd be willing to take $500 off just to be done with it."

If anyone is actually interested in making an offer I can pass email addresses back and forth. I'm sure Paypal would be fine, but shipping would have to be arranged with the seller. My wife was tempted not to even show me the email; with the luck I've had this year the thing would burst into flames before I could get it out of the box. ;-)

Ramses II (Latest casualty: an old 15 inch monitor in a cloud of smoke)
  • edited December 1969
    we do have a trading board, though it's in the 'private' CP area (which unless FC has hooked your account up with, you won't see).

It's going to be hard to sell a G5 mac with intel towers expected next month, the sooner they can sell it, the better most likely. $500 off will probably not be enough. I would almost suggest eBay simply because Macs seem to do pretty good on there.
  • edited December 1969
    Ramses II wrote:
    I'm not much of a fan of the new site (For reference I'm typing this in what appears to be a 5 point font) so I'm not sure if we have a Trading Post or not
    Please post what platform/browser you're using, and screenshots if possible in "The Site" forum and I'll see if there's some css that I can tweak or if there's a bug...

I haven't had much time lately to do much tweaking, but there are currently 3 different forum "skins" available under the "Profile >> Display" link shown above. They're largely the same at the moment, but it's my intention to cook up a couple more -- particularly a "bare-bones high contrast large type edition"

I've added you to the list of privileged users, by the way.
  • edited December 1969
    Is the Forum login different from the site login? I have a site login, but i can't login to the forum.
  • edited December 1969
    be sure you're at www.new.clanplaid.net ... it seems like if you're at the www.clanplaid.net the logging in stuff doesn't work.
  • edited December 1969
    Thanks FC, I'll see if I can send you a screen shot. I'm IE, WinXP, and 1024x768 monitor res.

The forum login seems to work a little differently Ax. What worked for me was logging in, ignoring the message it gave, and then refreshing the forum.

That's almost exactly what I said to them Conner, with the added proviso that in my experience the mere fact of being a reseller will take a lot more than 10% off the value. :(

Ramses II