Xbox Live!

edited July 2004 in Gaming

Comments

• edited December 1969
    As I was saying on Hotline the other day, I'm a little bit ashamed that the Geezers beat us to Xbox-land. Voice + multiplayer = about the most fun I've had playing online. Yeah, there are a lot of jerks out there, but that's what friend lists are for!

With more plaid picking up Xboxes, I figured I'd go fishing for games by putting up a list of the Live-enabled games I currently own:

Crimson Skies (my offline favorite)
    Mech Assault
    Midtown Madness 3
    Project Gotham Racing
    Rainbow Six 3 (update out next month--looks very cool!)
    Rallisport 2 (my favorite racing game evar)

I don't currently have any sports games, but I've had fun with 'em when I rented, so I'll probably be picking up some of the upcoming EA titles.

Let's get some plaid action going on Live!

_/ C

_/ C's Site o' Fun!
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Xbox Live!

Hey Carchy!

I just picked up Live! too. My handle is "Rabid Lagomorph". Games I have include:

Crimson Skies
    XIII
    Outlaw Volleyball
    Wolfenstein
    Mechassault

You can usually find me playing Crimson Skies. Team games are great.

MB
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Xbox Live!
    Crimson Skies (my offline favorite)
    Mech Assault
    Midtown Madness 3
    Project Gotham Racing
    Rainbow Six 3 (update out next month--looks very cool!)
    Rallisport 2 (my favorite racing game evar)
    My recommendations: For offline enjoyment, I don't think anything beats Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. A replayable platformer with gorgeous graphics, enjoyable puzzles, an interesting story, challenging combat, and cool, time-twisting moves.

For sports games: Links 2004 and ESPN NFL 2K5. It looks like ESPN NFL will edge out Madden as the premier Xbox football game, and not only because of its $20 price tag and free online play and leagues. The game play is complex but addictive.

And Links 2004 is just a gorgeous golf game.

Race games: You have MM3, which is a perennial Geezer fave -- come join us in a FLE-ball game some day. PGR2 is also a popular one.

Shooters: RS3 is a definite winner. Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow got a lot of press and was a solid solo game and a unique MP game (2 on 2, each team with different capabilities and goals). Sadly, it didn't sustain itself in the Geezer crowd, so most of them (and I) have dispensed with it. What else... Ah yes, Return to Castle Wolfenstein is still getting a lot of MP goodness, though I am incredibly bad at it. And it gives me motion-sickness.

Looking forward to seeing you on XBL!